Nick and Lulu Wonderland (News Stand)

This site provide news items for "The Guardian" about the televison drama series. Please let me know if you share my enthusiasm or enjoy my site!

My Photo
Name:

This web page is about Nick & Lulu in "The Guardian" for fans. This is a site devoted to our favorite TV couple, Nick Fallin and Lulu Archer.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

HER PIECE OF THE ACTION

Source:National Ledger
Date:Aug 10, 2006
By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith


Virginia Madsen says she almost passed on her role as Ray Liotta's wife in CBS's new fall series "Smith," from prolific creator/writer John Wells. "He writes so beautifully, and the women are three-dimensional," notes Madsen of the man behind "ER" and "The West Wing." "But when I met with John I said, 'You know I love this script. But I can't play the long-suffering wife, and if my biggest conflict is that my husband's away and I have problems with the dentist, I can't play that part.' He was like, 'Virginia, rest assured that if that was the part I was writing, you would not be sitting here. I know that you want a piece of the action, and you're going to get a piece of the action.' I was like 'OK, I'm just checkin.'"

Madsen and Liotta are joined by Simon Baker, Jonny Lee Miller, Amy Smart and Shohreh Aghdashloo in the drama about an elite group of master thieves. Madsen adds with a laugh, "I want to get in between Ray and Simon Baker … want to be in that triangle. Are there some good-looking men on this show or what? And they're like manly men."

From National Ledger.