Nick and Lulu Wonderland (News Stand)

This site provide news items for "The Guardian" about the televison drama series. Please let me know if you share my enthusiasm or enjoy my site!

My Photo
Name:

This web page is about Nick & Lulu in "The Guardian" for fans. This is a site devoted to our favorite TV couple, Nick Fallin and Lulu Archer.

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

CBS Suspends 'The Guardian'



From:United Press International.
Date:March 16 2004

CBS is shelving "The Guardian" to make room for its new legal drama "Century City," the New York Daily News reported Tuesday.

It is unclear whether the 3-year-old series will be back next season.

"I'm cautiously optimistic," Executive Producer David Hollander told the newspaper. "I believe that our show creatively has plenty of juice left in it and I believe there's an audience for it."

CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves, however, recently described the show as "on the bubble" for renewal.

The series is built around Australian actor Simon Baker, who plays a lawyer forced into community service after a drug bust.

Baker has been a strong draw and the series has gotten generally favorable reviews, however, the show has not been a ratings bonanza for CBS, The News noted.