Nick and Lulu Wonderland (News Stand)

This site provide news items for "The Guardian" about the televison drama series. Please let me know if you share my enthusiasm or enjoy my site!

My Photo
Name:

This web page is about Nick & Lulu in "The Guardian" for fans. This is a site devoted to our favorite TV couple, Nick Fallin and Lulu Archer.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

'Guardian' still endangered



From:Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Date:March 04, 2004
By Rob Owen

CBS's "The Guardian" won its time slot in the overnight household ratings twice last month, so I thought maybe CBS chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves would be ready to revise his January comments that the Pittsburgh-set show is "on the bubble" for renewal for next season. I was wrong.

"The status is really the same," Moonves said in a teleconference Tuesday. "It's still doing decently. Three years ago there would have been no question about 'The Guardian' being on our schedule, [since it's] winning in viewers and households. But we're paying more attention to the 25-54 [demographic] and, dirty word, even the 18-49 [demographic]."

"The Guardian" ranked fourth in the 18-49 demo this week.

My gut says the show will be back, but with "CSI: New York" in development, I could easily see "The Guardian" shunted to low-rated Saturday night.